Tuition & Fees
New Student Application Fee – $50 non-refundable fee due with application
Enrollment Deposit – A non-refundable enrollment deposit of $350 per family for returning families and $100 per family for new families holds your child’s place in the class. This deposit is applied toward next year’s tuition.
|2020-2021 Tuition and Fees||Tuition|
|Early Childhood 5 Full Days*||$14,700|
|Early Childhood 5 Mornings + 3 Afternoons*||$13,000|
|Early Childhood 5 Morning*||$10,500|
|Early Childhood 3 Full Days||$9,500|
|Early Childhood 3 Mornings||$7,000|
* Tuition Assistance is available for Grades 1-8 and for students in the Kindergarten 5-day Program (KG 5 Full Days, KG 5 Mornings + 3 Afternoons and KG 5 Mornings) who are 5 years old by September 1, 2020.
7.0% of total tuition will be given to families who pay full tuition and enroll two or more students in the 5-day Kindergarten Program or Grades 1-8.
Payment Plan Options
- One full payment – due in July 2020
- Two payments – due in July 2020 and January 2021
- Ten monthly payments – July 2020 through April 2021
- Eleven monthly payments – June 2020 through April 2021
Enrollment Change Requests
Enrollment change requests to a completed tuition agreement will incur a $75.00 administrative fee for the first change and a $150.00 administrative fee for any change thereafter.
Notice of intention to withdraw must be sent in writing to the business office. Refunds are prorated weekly. Parents/guardians are liable for 100% of tuition for the period the child was enrolled and 10% of the tuition due for the balance of the year. Enrollment may be cancelled prior to June 1, 2020 (for 2020-2021 school year) without penalty. Enrollment cancelled between June 1 and the start of school will be charged 5% of the full tuition amount. Mid-year enrollment may be cancelled within 7 days following the student’s start date without penalty minus the enrollment deposit.
A late fee of $35 is applied to TADS billing accounts if payment is not received within five days of invoice due date.
Instrument Rental and Lessons
Starting in grade 3, students learn to play a viola, violin or cello. Parents are responsible for purchasing or renting an instrument. In 4th through 8th grades, students are required to take private lessons in addition to the music classes taught in school.
Available from 7:30 a.m. to 8:20 a.m. before school and from 3:30 p.m. to 5:45 p.m. after school for Preschoolers, Kindergarteners and Grades students. Extended Care is a pre-pay service and the cost is $7.50/hour for pre-registered weekly/monthly care; $8.50/hour for pre-registered daily care, and $12.00/hour for drop-in care.
MWS is a member of the League of Independent Sports Teams (L.I.S.T.) MWS has eliminated the 6-8th grade sports fees to ensure sports are accessible as a core part of the experience at our school.
Tutoring, Special Needs Assessment, and Extra Lesson sessions are partially subsidized by the school. Families will be billed separately for tutoring charges.
MWS utilizes TADS (www.tads.com) to process tuition assistance applications. Assistance is granted for partial tuition based on financial need. Many factors are considered in determining need including income, family size, assets and other factors. Please contact the Business Manager, JoLynn Schulte, at 651-487-6700 ext. 205 for financial aid information for the 2020-2021 school year.
Who should apply for Tuition Assistance?
Families who foresee difficulty paying full tuition are encouraged to apply for tuition assistance. Students must be accepted and enrolled to the school before an award can be offered, but a financial aid assessment should be completed as soon as possible after applying. Information on completing a financial aid assessment is below.
Who is eligible?
Families with students in the 5-day Kindergarten Program who are 5 years of age as of September 1, 2020 and students in Grades 1-8 are eligible to apply for tuition assistance.
How do I complete a financial aid assessment?
- Go directly to myTADS.com to create a new account or access existing account. When prompted enter Maplewood for city where school is located to access the tuition assistance application for the Minnesota Waldorf School. Please note: TADS has a contract with MWS and results are shared only with the school.
- Gather and submit your documentation. Typically, TADS requires your most recently filed 1040 tax form (or verification of non-filing status from the IRS), your most recent W2 statements and your most recent pay stubs as well as documentation of the stated debt on your application.
If you have any questions pertaining to tuition, tuition assistance, fees, or policies please contact our business office at (651) 395-7073 or firstname.lastname@example.org.