Tuition & Fees
Minnesota Waldorf School’s tuition is all-inclusive:
- Base Tuition
- All learning materials (paper, crayons, paint, art supplies, etc)
- All art, woodwork, and handwork materials
- Nutritious, organic snacks for Early Childhood program
- Upper Grades Sports Program (MWS is a member of the League of Independent Sports Teams (L.I.S.T.).)
- Seasonal Festivals
- Field Trips (both local, regional and national)
- Parent Education and Community Building
- Bi-Annual Parent Teacher Conferences
- *Music Education including wooden flute, recorder, ensemble, and choir (see below regarding string instruments)
- Gardening Curriculum and all materials (new in 21-22!)
- French Language Instruction
- Woodwork and Handwork Instruction
|Early Childhood 5 Full Days*||$15,800|
|Early Childhood 5 Mornings + 3 Afternoons*||$14,000|
|Early Childhood 5 Morning*||$11,350|
|Early Childhood 3 Full Days||$10,215|
|Early Childhood 3 Mornings||$7,565|
* Tuition Assistance is available for Grades 1-8 and for students in the Kindergarten 5-day Program (KG 5 Full Days, KG 5 Mornings + 3 Afternoons and KG 5 Mornings) who are 5 years old by September 1, 2021.
New Student Application Fee – $50 non-refundable fee due with application
Enrollment Deposit – A non-refundable enrollment deposit of $350 per family for returning families and $100 per family for new families holds your child’s place in the class. This deposit is applied toward next year’s tuition.
Beginning in the 2021-2022 School Year:
First Child- Full Tuition
25% off Second Child’s Tuition
40% off Third Child’s Tuition
All MWS programs are eligible for the Sibling Discount but cannot be combined with Tuition Assistance.
- One full payment – due in July 2021
- Two payments – due in July 2021 and January 2022
- Ten monthly payments – July 2021 through April 2022
- Eleven monthly payments – June 2021 through April 2022
Enrollment change requests to a completed tuition agreement will incur a $75.00 administrative fee for the first change and a $150.00 administrative fee for any change thereafter.
Notice of intention to withdraw must be sent in writing to the business office. Refunds are prorated weekly. Parents/guardians are liable for 100% of tuition for the period the child was enrolled and 10% of the tuition due for the balance of the year. Enrollment may be cancelled prior to June 1, 2021 (for 2021-2022 school year) without penalty. Enrollment cancelled between June 1 and the start of school will be charged 5% of the full tuition amount. Mid-year enrollment may be cancelled within 7 days following the student’s start date without penalty minus the enrollment deposit.
A late fee of $35 is applied to TADS billing accounts if payment is not received within five days of invoice due date.
Instrument Rental and Lessons
Starting in grade 3, students learn to play a viola, violin or cello. Parents are responsible for purchasing or renting an instrument. In 4th through 8th grades, students are required to take private lessons in addition to the music classes taught in school.
Available from 7:30 a.m. to 8:20 a.m. before school and from 3:30 p.m. to 5:45 p.m. after school for Preschoolers, Kindergarteners and Grades students. Extended Care is a pre-pay service and the cost is $7.50/hour for pre-registered weekly/monthly care; $8.50/hour for pre-registered daily care, and $12.00/hour for drop-in care.
Tutoring, Special Needs Assessment, and Extra Lesson sessions are partially subsidized by the school. Families will be billed separately for tutoring charges.